It is November, and that means my Facebook news feed is starting to fill up with friends declaring the things they are thankful for each day until they carve the Turkey in a few weeks. I have never participated in this annual tradition, and I think I might have been missing out on all the fun.
So to make up for my perceived lack of thankfulness over the past few years, I have decided to officially record my list of things for which I’m thankful, but I’m not stopping at 30. I’ve missed at least three years of gratitude, so I am going to list the 100 (yes 1-0-0!) people, things, and concepts that make me the happy, thankful person I am.
I’m a little short on time, so let’s start with the first half…in no particular order except for the various tangents of my mind.
I am forever thankful for:
- The Hubs with whom I’ll celebrate 25 years of togetherness next week.
- The Older One who made me a momma and impresses me every day.
- The Younger One who continues to surprise me every day.
- My Dad who gave me his sense of humor.
- My Momma who gave me her crafty gene.
- The MIL who fills in for me at the bus stop and makes sure I have clean clothes.
The Furry One who is still with us four years after the vet started preparing us for the worst.
- The Fluffy One for being the biggest little diva in the house.
- The airplane that will bring the Older One home for Thanksgiving for the first time in four years.
- An Ebola-free country.
- A wide variety of scented hand sanitizers.
- Sanitizing wipes at store entrances to keep OPG (Other People’s Germs) off my shopping cart.
- Flu shots for the whole family!
- Hand sanitizer holders so I can always have a drop of cleanliness with me.
- The product marketers who create hand sanitizers/wipes/shots, so I can go on believing I will never be sick again.
- SnyderofBerlin.com so I can order an entire case of my favorite BBQ potato chips anytime I want them.
- Gloria Jean Butter Toffee K Cups for my Keurig.
- Peanut butter for being my go-to snack/meal/protein fix.
- Honey crisp apples for going so perfectly with peanut butter.
- Popcorn for being the snack of choice for powerful women everywhere.
Wine for being the perfect complement to popcorn and powerful women everywhere.
- Tea for being exotically spiced and sophisticated.
- Mio water enhancer because plain water needs a boost very now and then.
- My Kindle, aka my best friend at the pool, at the beach, by the fire…pretty much anywhere.
- My FitBit for counting my steps so I don’t have to.
- My iPad for keeping me connected.
- My smartphone for connecting me on the go.
- My boss for letting me work from home when I need to.
- My co-workers for not being obnoxious cube-mates.
- My Fitness Center for being a short block from the office, so I can squeeze in a quick lunch-time workout.
- My employer for being ranked as the number one healthcare company to work for.
- Video conferences so I can be present at meetings even when I’m really not.
- Screen sharing so I can present at meetings at which I am not.
- Web cams so I see the Older One when I’m at home, but he’s not.
- Facetime, so I can see the Younger One when she’s at home, but I’m not.
- Purple ink because black ink is boring.
- Purple ribbons that raise awareness for Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
- Amazon Prime for bringing the joy of “free” two-day shipping to my over-committed life.
- Zappos for having a distribution center close enough to me so that anything I order shows up at my door the next day.
- Ouidad for making the most amazing curly girl hair products.
- Ulta and Sephora for carrying Ouidad products because Ouidad.com does not yet have the power to ship super speedy at no charge and sometimes curly girls have emergencies.
- West Point Moms because they are the strongest women I know.
- The West Point Moms Facebook community that tells me things about cadet life that my cadet won’t.
- The West Point Moms Ornament Exchange for filling my Christmas tree with memories.
- The West Point Moms Class of 2015 Facebook group for keeping me sane as we prepare for graduation and commissioning.
- Facebook for giving me the opportunity to bond with some of the best friends I’ve never met.
- Pinterest for making me believe I can DIY.
- Instagram for making my cell phone pics look really cool.
- Twitter for giving me a reason to use the # key.
- WordPress for giving me an outlet to express myself.
There you have it–the first half of my 100 things for which I am thankful. Look for the next half sometime before next Thanksgiving!